Community Events NEXT week!!
Dear MAFD Parents -
We have 2 opportunities next week to promote MAFD in the community!
- Share Night at Alcoa Culver's Restaurant - Tuesday, Oct 24 from 5:30-7:30 pm. We get a percentage of the proceeds for
being there to greet customers, deliver food, and clean tables. It is great fun to see the kids interact
- How to help:
- Sign up or Stop by during this time to help share in the work or make a purchase (or both).
- Tell friends, neighbors, family, coworkers to come make a purchase to support the team.
- Spooktacular Extravaganza in Downtown Maryville - Friday, Oct 27 from 5-8 pm. We have the opportunity to set up a
booth and hand out candy to the expected thousands of kids attending. This is a great time to show our
presence in the community. We are
required to have 3,500-4,000 pieces of candy on hand.
- How to help:
- Donate a large bag of candy (200+ pieces) to offset the cost to the team.
- Stop by and see all the fun costumes sported by kids and their parents!
- Three more things:
- Coach Will is planning on being present at both events.
- These events will qualify for teen volunteer hours for TN needs.
- ANY one can help with these events. You do not have to be a team member.
We hope you can help us let our community know that the Flying Dolphins is still going strong even after 50 years!!
To commit a time at Culver's
to donate a bag of (individually wrapped) candy,
please contact me at 865-850-5621.
We need candy received by Wed, Oct 25th.
Thank you to all MAFD Parents and supporters!
- Kate Phipps, MAFD Treasurer